'Amrita Jalam' for crops to boost production
The soil has to be nourishing, air and water permeable and water absorbent in order to enhance productivity. Also presence of microbes that help plant growth is essential in the soil.
To create favourable circumstances for the growth of the microbes, 'Amrita Jalam' - an ‘elixir’ for crops - can be prepared and applied once in a week.
- Fresh cow dung – 1 kg
- Cow urine – 1 litre
- Black jaggery – 50 grams
- Water – 10 litre
- Use clay pot or plastic drum to prepare the mixture.
- Grate jaggery and dissolve it in some water.
- Add cow urine to the solution and stir well.
- Add cow dung and water and mix them thoroughly.
- Cover the pot with plastic cover or cloth.
- Stir the mixture well thrice a day for three days.
- On the fourth day, take one litre of the mixture and add 10 litre water in it.
- Pour the solution in the flowerbed of plants in sufficient quantity to get the soil wet.
- Mulch the flowerbed with dry leaves because the microbes will die if it receives direct sunlight.