This summer, make a milkshake with home grown strawberries
Strawberry is one of the most loved fruit flavours. Growing strawberry at home could be a grand idea if you are a person who loves to make a natural flavoured milkshake or cake.
Here are a few tips to grow strawberry plant at home:
- Take a healthy, ripe strawberry.
- Rub gently on its skin with fingers to take out its spores.
- Mix 60 pc coconut husk and 40 pc compost and fill it in a growbag.
- Sow the strawberry seeds in the growbag and slightly cover them with potting mix.
- Place the growbag in a way that seeds get sufficient sunlight on them.
- Water the seeds moderately.
- Seeds begin to sprout within 15-16 days.
- After 35 days, when 3-5 new shoots emerge from the sapling, replant it to a flowerpot.
- Water permeable soil is ideal for strawberry.
- Fill a flowerpot with 50 pc soil, 40 pc bio compost and 10 pc sand.
- Replant the strawberry sapling to the flowerpot.
- Irrigate moderately and sustain moisture in the pot.
- Mulching with dry leaves is good to keep moisture.
- About 6 hours of sunlight is necessary for plant growth.
- Give organic fertilizer within 18-22 days after replanting.
- Plant begins to bloom within 32 days.
- Strawberries can be harvested within 42 days.