Tips to treat breathing trouble in domestic fowls
A gapeworm scientifically known as Syngamus trachea causes breathing troubles in domestic fowls like chicken, quails, ducks and turkeys. Poultry farmers need to know about the disease and how to prevent and cure it.
- Beat wings together
- Crowing aloud
- Red coloured worm can be spotted in throat of birds, if checked.
- Protect the fowls using scientific methods
- If the fowls are allowed to roam around in open space, give them plenty of water and food before entering back to the cage at night
- Give them medicine for worms once in every two months
- When worm is spotted in throat, give garlic essence through mouth.
- Take out the worms with the help of a veterinary doctor.