Ford Figo/Aspire Sports: What to expect?
Ford India will launch a ‘Sports’ variant of the Figo and the Aspire by the end of this month. These versions will come with sportier-looking aesthetic changes and are expected to get retuned suspension setup as well.
Ford offers ‘White and Black’ editions of its cars in Europe, and as per the leaked images, the new Sports variant of the Figo looks similar to the Ka+'s White edition (the second-gen Figo is known as Ka+ in Europe and Ka in Brazil). The last performance-oriented offering Ford India had launched was the Fiesta S (old-gen). Let us see what is expected out of the Figo/Aspire Sports version.
- Gets a new mesh grille found in the Brazilian hatchback instead of the chrome one with slats seen in the stock Figo/Aspire. The headlamps are smoked as well
- Rides on new 15-inch black alloys wheels (probably 195/55 R15), same as the Ka+ White edition. The stock Figo duo offers 14-inch wheels
- Ride height (174mm) is unlikely to change with this new model; the European variant, for instance, rides 10mm lower
- Comes with blacked-out roof and outside rear-view mirrors
- Gets body decals on its sides and on the rear bumper
- The interiors of both the cars will remain unaltered. However, the Aspire might get the all-black layout present in the Figo. Expect subtle changes like new upholstery with maybe ‘Sports’ written on it and similar changes
- It is likely to carry forward the same SYNC audio system. The Ka in Brazil, on the other hand, offers an optional 6.0-inch touchscreen, which Ford India could’ve offered with this model
Mechanically, there will be no changes to the powertrain options of both the cars – 1.5-litre diesel (100PS/215Nm, 5-speed manual), 1.2-litre petrol (88PS/112Nm, 5-speed manual) and 1.5-litre petrol (111PS/136Nm, 6-speed dual-clutch automatic). Reportedly, the 1.5-litre petrol will not be offered with the Sports variants. Further, Ford is also said to have retuned the suspension setup of the Figo twins in the Sports variants. The Ka+ which is exported to Europe from India has a firmer setup and a similar setting is likely done on it.