ISL: Bengaluru FC beat Kerala Blasters 3-1
Kochi: Bengaluru FC beat Kerala Blasters 3-1 in an Indian Super League (ISL) match at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here on Sunday.
The Blasters' defence were not able to resist the attack unleashed by Bengaluru FC.
Bengaluru FCs first goal came in the 60th minute through a penalty by Sunil Chhetri. A foul by Blasters' captain Sandesh Jhingan gave the penalty for Bengaluru FC.
Bengaluru FCs Miku scored two goals in the 90th minute to take the score to 3-0. Courage Pekuson scored the consolation goal for Blasters just before the whistle.
Bengaluru thus rose three spots to third on the league table with 15 points from eight matches.They are on the same number of points as FC Pune City, but trail them on goal difference. League leaders Chennaiyin FC are on 16 points.Kerala remain at the eighth spot on the 10-team table with seven points from seven matches. Agencies
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE SPORTS STORIES:
- Chhetri is best player, KFA bags major award
- Football viewership in India going up with FIFA World Cup
- Jamshedpur FC appoints Ferrnado Cesar Jimenez as head coach
- U17 BRICS meet: Brazil thrash India 5-0
- Neymar insists he will stay at PSG, seeks to end Real Madrid move rumours
- Indian U-17 eves' football team lose to Russia