Rahna’s arecanut leaf flowers outshine plastic counterparts
Kozhikode: For the wisest, opportunity galore everywhere. For Rahna, a young woman from a village in Kozhikode, the often-abandoned areca nut leaf turned out to be a treasure trove of opportunity when she started to make beautiful flowers from it.
Rahna, a native of Kinassery, makes flowers using arecanut leaf and shell with the perfection of an experienced craftsperson. She has also started to earn a good income from it.
Rahna displayed the flowers in a small-scale industries exhibition organised by District Industries Centre in Kandamkulam Jubilee hall here. She had collected arecanut leaf and shell from Gundalpet and Malappuram to make this beautiful flowers.
"All these flowers are made out of arecanut leaf and arecanut shell," said Rahna.
She also makes a flower baskets, bouquets and other decorative pieces using arecanut leaf and shell.
A single flower costs Rs 30. Price of other decorative pieces range from Rs 850 to Rs 1500.
These artificial flowers are in great demand at the exhibition.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- A narrow escape for Shankaran's family in Vadakara
- “Yes, School-goers are real heroes” student replies to Ernakulam District Collector
- 32 Beauties to ramp walk today at Mrs Kerala Grand Finale
- Punnassery colony residents rely on rafts
- Locals complain on dead trees on police station compound
- Woman rejects job got on caste base