Ockhi: Re-evaluate rehabilitation package, demands Latin Church
Thiruvananthapuram: The Latin Church has demanded that rehabilitation package announced by the government for the victims of Cyclone Ockhi should be re-evaluated.
The Latin Church said that the package should be prepared after holding discussions with responsible people.
"The government machinery including rescue efforts was a failure from the beginning. If the government continues with the same stand on the rehabilitation issue also, then strong protests will be organized under the leadership of the Latin Church, Fr Eugene Pereira, Vicar General of Latin Archdiocese said.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- ‘Impartial politics’ will decide outcome of Chengannur bypolls: Kummanam
- Kerala Congress (M) to abstain from RS elections
- KC(M)’s entry to political front: Announcement likely ahead of bypoll
- Kerala News @ 5 pm in English
- No new liquor shops will be opened: Minister
- Kerala Govt ropes in tribals as instructors for literacy drive