Ockhi disaster: IFFK to drop all celebrations including inaugural
Thiruvananthapuram: In the backdrop of cyclonic storm Ockhi causing disaster in the southern districts of Kerala and Tamil Nadu, the government has decided to drop all the celebrations and functions related to the International Film festival of Kerala 2017. All programs including the inaugural function except the screening are being avoided.
Usually many cultural programs are conducted every year on the days of the festival.
The decision to discard the celebrations was taken by a meeting attended by the Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan and IFFK organizers.
Earlier the delegate cell inauguration and the pass distribution were postponed.
IFFK that will take place from December 8 to 15 will feature 195 films from 65 countries.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Kerala tops in governance, Tamil Nadu second, says report
- Hareesh should rethink novel withdrawal: VS
- Arrack brewing equipment available on e-commerce websites; Excise dept asks police to take action
- Rain subsides: Kottayam, Alappuzha remain flooded
- Kerala News @ 5 pm in English
- Maoist presence suspected in Wayanad