Motor workers’ outfits threaten statewide strike on January 6
Thrissur: The motor workers organisations have planned to hold a statewide strike on January 6 (Saturday) if the Motor Vehicle Act Bill 2017 (Amendment Bill) is presented in the Rajya Sabha in the ongoing Parliament session. As a prelude to this, the protestors will hold a protest march on January 5.
Union transport minister Nitin Gadkari had said that the government expected the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill to be cleared in the Rajya Sabha during the ongoing session of Parliament. The protestors want the bill to be withdrawn as it was not friendly to the workers.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Nipah virus: One more case confirmed, under treatment
- Nipah virus: All measures taken, stop fake campaigns, says Health Minister
- Ahead of Chengannur bypoll, UDF leaders visit KM Mani
- Unaware of her death, Ridhul and Siddharth wait for mother's return
- Kerala News @ 5 pm in English
- Cong's aim is to oust Modi from power: Antony