HC stays Suresh Gopi’s arrest for 10 more days
Kochi: In a case related to registration of vehicles in Puducherry under fake address, the High Court on Wednesday stayed the arrest of actor and MP Suresh Gopi for ten more days.
The case will be taken up again on Tuesday to consider his anticipatory bail plea.
Meanwhile, the Crime Branch informed the court about the presence of a syndicate that helps to register vehicles under fake addresses in Puducherry.
It further submitted that the investigation conducted by the Motor Vehicles Department has found that more than 1500 vehicles were registered in Puducherry under fake address. Also more than one vehicle is registered in the same address.
The Crime Branch also told the court that Suresh Gopi is not cooperating with the investigation.
The report said that there is proper evidence against him in the case. His car was caught for overspeeding and the notice served by the MVD in this address returned stating that no person in that address exists.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Arrack brewing equipment available on e-commerce websites; Excise dept asks police to take action
- Rain subsides: Kottayam, Alappuzha remain flooded
- Kerala News @ 5 pm in English
- Maoist presence suspected in Wayanad
- Threat from Jalandhar bishop: Police provide security to convent
- Nun blocks minister’s car to complain about elephant attacks