Christians in Kerala welcome Holy Week observing Palm Sunday
Kozhikode: The Christian community in Kerala observed Palm Sunday with prayer meetings and processions with palm leaves.
Palm Sunday is observed by Christians to pay their respects to Jesus and reflect on the sacrifices he has made. It is the day on which Jesus Christ entered Jerusalem, a week before his crucifixion and resurrection.
It also marked the beginning of Holy Week, the week leading up to Easter. From Palm Sunday to Easter, the week will see important religious ceremonies as part of the 50-day-long fast. This includes Pesaha, crucifixion of Jesus and Resurrection.
Washing-of-the-feet ceremony will also be held in memory of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- ‘Impartial politics’ will decide outcome of Chengannur bypolls: Kummanam
- Kerala Congress (M) to abstain from RS elections
- KC(M)’s entry to political front: Announcement likely ahead of bypoll
- Kerala News @ 5 pm in English
- No new liquor shops will be opened: Minister
- Kerala Govt ropes in tribals as instructors for literacy drive