Congress suspends Aiyar over 'neech' jibe against Modi
New Delhi: The Congress on Thursday suspended its senior leader Mani Shankar Aiyar from the primary membership of the party and issued him a show cause notice, after he called Prime Minister Narendra Modi a neech aadmi (vile man).
The disciplinary action against the Gandhi family loyalist came barely two days before the first phase of Assembly poll in Gujarat. Congress communications incharge Randeep Surjewala said the action showed the partys Gandhian leadership and respect for the political rival. He asked whether prime minister Modi would dare to act similarly.
The Congress party has served a show cause notice to Mani Shankar Aiyar and suspended him from the primary membership of the party, Surjewala said. Aiyar today set off a political firestorm when he calledModi a neech kism ka aadmi (a vile man), a remark the latter claimed was a casteist slur against him. PTI
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Passengers to get free meal on Sunday in case of train delay
- Govt intention on next CJI's appointment not to be questioned: law minister
- Manish Sisodia shifted to hospital
- Indefinite nationwide truck strike begins
- Kejriwal guarantees IAS officers' security
- CPI(M) says joining AAP's march to PM's residence