Nair Service Society to launch fair price cafeteria ‘Padma’ soon
Changanassery: Taluk unions of the Nair Service Society will start fair price cafeterias called 'Padma' along some of the main highways in the state, NSS General Secretary G Sukumaran Nair said.
The Self-Help Groups of NSS will supervise the project, he said while speaking in a conference.
Listing out the Societys social welfare projects, Sukumaran Nair said NSS is operating 16 working womens hostels in the state.
The café chain will also follow the working model of the hostels, he added.
The NSS Women Self Help Groups (SHGs) have 3,35,000 members state-wide. They are altogether managing business transactions worth Rs 1,792 crore. The NSS also contributed to Ockhi relief fund, he added.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Marriage proposal via Facebook; Ranjish gets married to Sarigama
- KSRTC bus, the social media star, back to service
- Students make voice-controlled wheelchair
- KSRTC bus staff turn saviours for passenger who collapsed in bus
- Kavungal – The doctors’ village in Kerala
- Hydel Tourism: Boat service to start soon in Kallarkutty dam