Tamil Nadu native nabbed in Nettoor for staying in star hotels suite for free
Nettoor: A Tamil Nadu native man, who was in the habit of staying in star hotel rooms and fleeing without paying bills, was caught by the police. Tamil Nadu Thoothukudi native Vincent John (60) was arrested by the police for tricking the star hotel staff. The incident took place on October 18.
Vincent John contacted a star hotel in Maradu Kundannoor junction and booked a suite room on 24. He also informed them that he cannot pay the advance amount at the moment and that his friend would arrive next day and pay the bill. Since he was well dressed and spoke English, the hotel staff allowed him to stay in the room. But when he ordered food for a large sum within a few hours of stay, the hotel staff felt suspicious.
The staff waited till next day and then asked him to pay at least half of the bill amount, as his friend did not reach there. However, Vincent John managed to flee from the hotel after sometime. Later the police searched for him with clues on his appearance and finally found him from Vyttila Mobility Hub. Police said that similar cases were charged against him in police stations of other districts as well.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Man dies due to lack of oxygen in ambulance in Thrissur
- Girl forcibly put under house arrest; DySP ordered to investigate
- Woman found murdered in Ernakulam; Assam-native held
- Gold mixed in cool drink powder seized from Kozhikode airport
- Man bites off woman’s lips at Tripunithura
- Online fraud: Malappuram police arrest Nigerian woman from Bengaluru