Suspecting affair, man strangles daughter to death
Peruvallur (Malappuram): In a suspected case of honour killing, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly strangled to death by her father at Peruvallur in Malappuram. Shalu was killed after her father suspected her of having an affair with a boy. Her father Sasi, a native of Thiruvananthapuram, has confessed to the crime and surrendered before the police on Thursday. Police said the incident might have took place either on Wednesday night or Thursday early morning. The family has been residing in a rented house at Peruvallur. Shalu was attending PSC coaching after Plus Two.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- 18-year-old girl thrown out of rented house at night; police fail to act
- Demonetised currency worth Rs 1 crore seized in Wayanad
- Man from Kanthalur arrested for illegal possession of deer horn
- Woman prank caller showers abuse on Kottayam man for rejecting 'lucky prize'
- UP natives’ daughter kidnapped from Thrissur, rescued from Kunnamkulam hours later