Suspecting affair, man strangles daughter to death
Peruvallur (Malappuram): In a suspected case of honour killing, an 18-year-old girl was allegedly strangled to death by her father at Peruvallur in Malappuram.
Shalu was killed after her father suspected her of having an affair with a boy. Her father Sasi, a native of Thiruvananthapuram, has confessed to the crime and surrendered before the police on Thursday.
Police said the incident might have took place either on Wednesday night or Thursday early morning.
The family has been residing in a rented house at Peruvallur.
Shalu was attending PSC coaching after Plus Two.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Accused in Periya murder case gets life imprisonment
- Notorious burglar Phantom Paily arrested
- Keralite who duped Qatar royal family member of Rs 5.8 crore identified
- Paravur temple burglary: All accused nabbed
- Huge robberies at two temples in Paravoor
- Engineer jumps over compound wall to escape from attack of RTI applicant