Cocaine worth Rs 25 crore seized at Nedumbassery airport
Kochi: In a major drug bust, officials of the Narcotics Control Bureau on Monday seized cocaine worth Rs 25 crore from a Philippine national at Nedumbassery airport here.
The officials found the cocaine weighing 4.75 kilograms from the bag of the woman identified as Johana. The woman, who started her journey from São Paulo, reached Kochi via Muscat.
She was entrusted with the job of carrying the cocaine to Kochi. In her statement, the women said that she reached Kochi upon directions that the cocaine should be handed over to middlemen.
However, she said she does not have any information about the middlemen and that she received directions from Sao Paulo.
The officials of Narcotics Control Bureau are questioning the woman.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Mysterious deaths in Pinarayi: Soumya confess murdering her children, parents
- Neighbour hacks couple to death
- Body of newborn baby bitten by stray dogs was killed by mom and abandoned
- Housewife from Malappuram arrested for domesticating a spotted deer
- Gold worth over Rs 42 lakh seized from air passengers
- Accused in Arun Kumar murder case held after 10 years