Cocaine worth Rs 25 crore seized at Nedumbassery airport
Kochi: In a major drug bust, officials of the Narcotics Control Bureau on Monday seized cocaine worth Rs 25 crore from a Philippine national at Nedumbassery airport here.
The officials found the cocaine weighing 4.75 kilograms from the bag of the woman identified as Johana. The woman, who started her journey from São Paulo, reached Kochi via Muscat.
She was entrusted with the job of carrying the cocaine to Kochi. In her statement, the women said that she reached Kochi upon directions that the cocaine should be handed over to middlemen.
However, she said she does not have any information about the middlemen and that she received directions from Sao Paulo.
The officials of Narcotics Control Bureau are questioning the woman.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE NEWS STORIES:
- Malayali nabbed in Bengaluru for attempting to smuggle gold by hiding it in chocolate
- Jail warden found dead under suspicious circumstances
- Bid to smuggle gold in compound form foiled
- Migrant worker lynched to death over suspected 'stealing' of hen
- Accused arrested in murder of finance company co-owner
- 27-yr-old woman remanded after assaulting 17-year-old boy