Yesudas visits Vaikkom Vijayalakshmi at her home, young singer on cloud nine
Vaikkom: It was a dream-come-true moment for singer Vaikkom Vijayalakshi when noted singer K J Yesudas visited her at her residence here on Tuesday.
She grew up listening to the songs of Yesudas and regards him as her 'guru' who inspired her to become a singer.
Yesudass wife Prabha Yesudas also accompanied him.
Vijayalakshmi remembers offering 'dakshina' to him and receiving his blessings years ago when he arrived at Vaikkom for a programme.
Vijayalakshmi has now become a popular singer in Malayalam and Tamil film industries. Though she is visually impaired, she possess a rare talent to memorise every song after listening to it.
Vijayalakshmis father Muraleedharan and mother Vimala were equally elated.
Yesudas also visited the auditorium where Viajyalakshmi has been practising music.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE MOVIES & MUSIC STORIES:
- “Medasooryante Nenjile Manjanu Nee” – Sithara’s melting voice in ‘Udalaazham’
- 'Velakkariyayirunnalum Neeyen Mohavalli' features song by Vijay Yesudas
- 'Chakka Paattu' - A song that features extreme love for jackfruit
- “Mazhavil Kavile” song from ‘Kinar’ amuses listeners in Sithara’s voice
- Ban 'Manikya Malaraya Poovi' song: Mumbai Raza Academy tells CBFC in letter
- The young Romeo struck by a girl’s wink in ‘Oru Adaar Love’ song