No plans for an all EV fleet India by 2030: Government
New Delhi: The government has no plans under consideration to have an all-electric vehicle (EV) fleet in the country by 2030, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.There are, at present, no plans under consideration of the Department of Heavy Industry to make all vehicles in the country powered by electricity by 2030,Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.Earlier, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) had outlined its plans for a complete shift to electric vehicle regime by 2047.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE MONEY STORIES:
- Govt slashes GST rate on footwear, paints, home appliances
- Sanitary napkins to be exempt from GST'
- Regulate cryptocurrency to curb illegal transaction: RBI to SC
- Rs 100cr needed to recalibrate ATMs for new Rs 100 notes: ATM operators
- Rupee suffers 43p knock to end at life-time low of 69.05 against dollar
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 notes in lavender colour