No plans for an all EV fleet India by 2030: Government
New Delhi: The government has no plans under consideration to have an all-electric vehicle (EV) fleet in the country by 2030, Parliament was informed on Tuesday.There are, at present, no plans under consideration of the Department of Heavy Industry to make all vehicles in the country powered by electricity by 2030,Minister of State for Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises Babul Supriyo told the Lok Sabha in a written reply.Earlier, the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) had outlined its plans for a complete shift to electric vehicle regime by 2047.
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE MONEY STORIES:
- Petrol, diesel hit record high in Kerala
- India's GDP expected to reach $5 trillion by 2025
- Aadhaar seeding must for bank accounts under KYC norms: RBI
- Cash crunch eases, 86% ATMs operating; SBI says problem to be resolved by tomorrow
- Withdraw up to Rs 2,000 from PoS machines free of charge: SBI
- 'Printing presses operating 24x7, generating Rs 500, 200 notes'