PSC to conduct common exam to posts with similar qualifications
Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Public Service Commission has decided to conduct a common exam to those posts with similar qualifications. The posts will be divided into groups with similar nature and qualifications and a common test will be conducted.
The academic committee with Lopez Mathew as Chairman has suggested eight groups in the first phase. Each group will have a common exam. Based on marks and according to the posts, short lists or rank lists will be prepared.
With this the number of exams conducted by PSC can be lessened and thereby reduce the expense.
Also candidates will be relieved from writing different exams to similar posts. The committee is expecting to make the changes within six months.
The groups are
- Last Grade, Watcher posts with 7thto 9thstandard qualifications
- Clerk, Typist, Computer Assistant post with 10thstandard qualifications
- Civil Police Officers, Civil Excise Officer, Fireman, Prison Officer posts with higher secondary qualifications
- Secretariat / PSC Assistant, Municipal Secretary, Block Panchayat Secretary, Sub Inspector, Excise Inspector posts with graduation qualifications
- Driver posts
- Assistant Engineers
View on mathrubhumi.com
READ MORE EDUCATION STORIES:
- MPhil, PhD admissions: UGC scarps 100% weightage for interview; Brings in 70% weightage for test
- CBSE Class 12 results out; Pass percentage 83.01
- CBSE Class 12 results to be declared today
- NEET 2018: CBSE releases Answer key, OMR sheet
- New info security course launched at Hyderabad University
- Calicut University PG Entrance exam postponed